4th edition Prix Elysée 2020
The Prix Elysée is open to promising photographers or artists using photography, regardless of nationality, who have already enjoyed their first exhibitions and publications. Photographers must be recommended by a reputed professional in the fields of photography, contemporary art, cinema, fashion, journalism or publishing. There is no imposed theme or preference for any particular photographic genre or technique.
The Musée de l’Elysée will select eight nominees upon their entry portfolios. Each will receive a contribution of CHF5’000 towards the initial presentation of an original and new project in the nominees’ book, published for the occasion. This book will accompany the nominees’ complete portfolios in the final consideration before the jury of experts. The winner will receive CHF80’000 to be divided between the completion of the proposed project and the publication of the accompanying book within one year. A curator from the Musée de l’Elysée will advise the winner throughout this process. Both the project and book will be presented at one of the Museum’s most important events. The nominees’ and the winner’s books will be printed by one of the Sandoz Family Foundation printing companies.
The eight nominees and the winner of the Prix Elysée will all benefit from important exposure and the Museum’s expert guidance. The call for applications will take place biennially. The fourth edition of the Prix Elysée is launched in January 2020 and concludes in June 2022.
What does the winner receive?
- CHF40’000 for the completion and production of his/her photographic project
- CHF40’000 for the publication of his/her project book
- Important exposure of his/her work
- Support and guidance by one of the Musée de l’Elysée curators during the production of his/her project and publication of the related book
- A solo projection and book launch at a special event
What do the nominees receive?
- CHF5’000 contribution.
- Important exposure of their work.
- Presentation of their work in the form of a group projection at a special event.
- Publication of their project proposal in the nominees’ book.
The Prix Elysée is open to mid-career photographers or artists from around the world.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
The Musée de l’Elysée and Parmigiani Fleurier will have the necessary rights for publicity and promoting the Prix Elysée by the Musée and Parmigiani Fleurier, for publication in the press and projection in the course of all aforementioned events.