9th Jalón Ángel Photography Awards
- Deadline: 28 May 2023
- Website: https://www.jalonangel.com/en/premio
The Jalón Ángel Photograph Archive, belonging to Grupo San Valero and guarded by San Jorge University are organising the 9th Jalón Ángel Photography Awards.
Ángel Hilario García de Jalón Hueto (1898-1976), better known as Jalón Angel, was one of the most prominent figures of portrait photography in Spain during his 50 years of professional career. This photographer, who had a great social and human impact, began his early training in Logroño and perfected it in the first decade of the twentieth century, first in Lyon and then in Paris. In 1926, he settled in Zaragoza where he combined his most personal and creative photography, specialising in travel and urban and natural landscape, with his portrait work.
Entries must belong to one of the following genres:
- Portrait: spontaneous or posed, the subject of the photograph is one person or various (group portrait), portraits of animals, objects or plants are not permitted.
- Travel: photographs showing the cultural traits of a country (including urban and natural landscapes, but do not focus on the human figure as the key element).
- Science and Photography: Images that reflect the beauty of objects or subjects from scientific areas and applications, or from the scientific world. Scientific photographs are also accepted.
- Education and Training: photographs that show the richness, variety or/and importance of teaching and learning, regardless of the educational area or level, the age, the place or the visual approach with which one reflects on the education and training.
a. Award for best photograph in the portrait category. Award amount: 1000 euros*, emblematic trophy and diploma.
b. Award for best photograph in the travel category. Award amount: 1000 euros*, emblematic trophy and diploma.
c. Award for best photograph in the category of Science and Photography. Award amount: 1000 euros*, emblematic trophy and diploma.
d. Award for best photograph in the category of Education and Training. Award amount: 1000 euros*, emblematic trophy and diploma.
The author may present a maximum of one photograph to each category.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
By participating, authors guarantee that that they comply with the law on intellectual property and image rights.