Allard Prize Photography Competition 2020
- Deadline: 1 November 2020
- Website: https://www.allardprize.org/photography-competition
The bi-annual Allard Prize Photography Competition, which recognizes photographic excellence reflecting the ideals of the Allard Prize, is adjudicated by the Allard Prize Committee and Maxe Fisher, Associate Professor, Faculty of Design + Dynamic Media, Emily Carr University of Art + Design.
Photographers are enouraged to submit entries year-round. Entries should reflect themes of courage and leadership in combating corruption, especially through promoting transparency, accountability, the rule of law, and of human rights and/or anti-corruption generally. We also particularly welcome entries that depict corruption and human rights violations in the developed world.
- Up to six photographs may be selected as a winner in each cycle of the Competition. Each winning Entrant will receive (i) CA$1,000, (ii) his/her winning photograph featured on the website, (iii) inclusion of his/her name and a brief description of the photograph on the Allard Prize website, and (iv) inclusion of the photograph in the website’s archive as a past winner.
- The winning Entrant(s) will be contacted by the Allard Prize with instructions on how to claim the prize.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, or substituted. The Allard Prize reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify a portion of the prize if it cannot be awarded for any reason.
- The Allard Prize shall not assume any liability for lost or misdirected prizes.
The Competition is only open to individuals who have reached the age of majority in their country of residence at the time of entry (“Entrants”). Members of the Allard Prize Photography Competition Jury, the Allard Prize Committee and the Allard Prize Advisory Board are not eligible to participate during their terms as Jury, Committee or Advisory Board members and for one year following the end of their terms.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
By entering this Competition, all Entrants agree to and do hereby release, discharge, and hold harmless the Allard Prize and their partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, employees, officers, directors and representatives, from any claims, losses and damages whatsoever arising out of his or her participation in this Competition or any Competition-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.