Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest 2021
The Andrei Stenin International Photo Contest is an annual contest for young photojournalists aged between 18 and 33 years old. It is Russia’s only platform for discovering new photojournalists and for allowing them to make a name for themselves on the world photojournalism stage.
The contest has four categories:
1. Top News. Important events in the life of individuals and nations as a whole are the main subject of entries in the category: major political and social events; reports from war zones and places struck by natural disasters; decisive moments in people’s lives.
2. Sports. This category involves entries, which captured moments in sport: victories of athletes and dramatic losses; daily sports training; the beauty of sports competitions.
3. My Planet. This category involves entries reflecting the entire multicolored palette of topics and images from all over the world. The author’s task is to show an everyday life kaleidoscope in its timeless beauty and harmony, uniting scenes from everyday life; the life of big cities and small towns; nature pictures; ethnographic and religious holidays.
4. Portrait. A Hero of Our Time. This category involves entries such as individual or group portraits of people. Photos can be documentary and posed. The determining factor in this category is the author’s ability to reveal the inner world of his characters, express their mental qualities and character through the uniqueness of their appearance and looks as a whole.
The annual submission period starts on December, 22. The date marks the birthday of Rossiya Segodnya photojournalist Andrei Stenin, who died while on assignment and in whose honour the contest is named.
• The Grand Prize winner will receive RUB 700,000.
• The first place winner in each category will receive RUB 125,000.
• The second place winner in each category will receive RUB 100,000.
• The third place winner in each category will receive RUB 75,000.
The Andrei Stenin International Photo Contest is an annual contest for young photojournalists aged between 18 and 33 years old
Copyrights & Usage Rights: