Annual SPIE Day of Light Photo Contest 2022
- Deadline: 16 September 2022
- Website: https://spie.org/about-spie/international-day-of-light/spie-idl-photo-contest?SSO=1
The SPIE International Day of Light Photo Contest is held annually to raise awareness about IDL and to demonstrate the impact light has on cultural, economic, and political aspects of our global society.
Amateur and professional photographers alike are encouraged to submit photos for a chance to win cash prizes. Photographers age 13 to 17 should submit their images to the Youth Photo Contest.
The theme of the photo contest is A World of Light: The Vital Role That Light and Light-Based Technologies Play in Daily Life. Examples of content include, but are not exclusive to, artistic images that depict:
• Various properties of light and how it interacts with the atmosphere, nature, and materials
• Light technology such as lasers, LEDs, etc.
• Images created with light technology such as telescopes and microscopes
• People interacting with light and/or light technology
• The betterment of the human condition with light
• 1st prize: US $2,500
• 2nd prize: US $1,000
• 3rd prize: US $500
• Two Technology and Science Prizes: US $750 each
• Youth category (ages 13 – 17): Surprise gift box of SPIE merchandise
The photo contest is open to people from age 13 and up, both amateur and professional photographers
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
Each entrant grants SPIE a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, copy, and reproduce in any medium images submitted to the photo contest, and to use the images in derivative works such as posters, articles, or via any means or form of dissemination.