Athens Photo Festival 2019
- Deadline: 31 March 2019
- Website: https://www.photofestival.gr/submissions-main-programme
Athens Photo Festival 2019 is accepting submissions from emerging and established artists and photographers from around the world for its 2019 exhibition program. The selected works will be exhibited from 6 June to 29 July 2019, at the Benaki Museum / Pireos 138, one of the most prestigious museums in Greece. The exhibition program will be comprised of a wide variety of works from all the image-based genres, ranging from fine art and conceptual to documentary and photojournalism, photo-based installations, performance, interactive and multimedia works. The Festival also welcomes submissions for its Photobook Show.
Athens Photo Festival aims to feature a diverse selection of over 100 projects from around the world. Exploring diverse cultural, artistic, social and political perspectives, the Festival welcomes a wide variety of works from all the image-based genres, ranging from fine art and conceptual to documentary and photojournalism, photo-based installations, interactive content and multimedia works. The open call has no thematic restrictions and is open to all photographers and artists working with photography.
• Submission to the 2019 Festival for exhibition programming consideration.
• Finalists will be exhibited during the Athens Photo Festival 2019.
• Contribution to the production cost of the works included in the Main Program.
• Accommodation for the international artists for two nights.
• 20 finalists will have the opportunity to participate for free to the International Portfolio Reviews in Athens.
• 5 finalists under the age of 35, will have the opportunity to participate for free to the APhF Talent Lab, a professional development program for emerging artists.
• 100 runners-up will have the opportunity for a 6-month presence on APhF:Connections, a by-invitation-only platform, to showcase their work as well as introduce them to 100+ influential industry professionals from all around the world, who are always willing to discover ‘new’ photography from emerging or established artists. This is a non-official section, independent of the Festival’s curatorial team.
The Festival is accepting submissions from emerging and established artists and photographers from all over the world, for its Exhibition Program.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
Usage rights only in connection to the festival. Copyright remain to the Artists