Audubon Community Nature Center 2023 Photography Contest
- Deadline: 2 July 2023
- Website: https://www.gogophotocontest.com/acncphotocontest2023
A panel of photographers will choose a Youth (ages 8 to 18) and an Adult (age 19 and older) winner in the categories of Wildlife (birds, mammals, fish, snails, insects, and more; photos of animals in captivity, such as pets, zoos, or rehab animals, are not accepted), Landscapes (mountains, oceans, lakes, rivers, forests or any other natural view), and Plants (seeds, leaves, flowers, or whole plants). Each of those six winners will receive a $200 cash prize. The panel will also name three Youth and three Adult finalists in each category.
Additional $200 cash prizes will be awarded to the Adult and Youth photos receiving the most Community Choice votes online, and three each will receive finalist recognition. A photo could receive both the Community Choice and a judged award.
- Cash Prizes: $200 each for Adult and Youth winners in each of four categories: Wildlife, Landscapes, Plants and Community Choice.
- Winners and finalists will be displayed on the contest website
- Winners will be named in a news release that is widely distributed, including to their local media when known.
- Winning judged photographs will be printed and exhibited in the Nature Center.
The contest is open to photographers from around the world ages 8 and over. Contestants must be able to prepare digital files according to the guidelines, fill out an online entry form which includes uploading the photograph files, and pay an entry fee of $15 per photo. Contestants must also have access to a valid email address for communication with contest officials.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
The photographer retains full copyright to their images. However, participation in the contest requires the contestant to give Audubon Community Nature Center (ACNC) permission to use the photographs without compensation on the Contest Website as well as on other ACNC websites and in news releases which may appear in print or on third party websites for the purpose of publicizing the contest. ACNC will always include the photographer's name when using a photograph for any purpose.