BEYOND HUMAN POWER 2020
- Deadline: 15 December 2020
- Website: https://independentimage.org/open-call-beyond-human-power/
Independent & Image Art Space (Chongqing, China) presents an online exhibition open call with the theme of “Beyond Human Power”.
The continuous spread of the novel coronavirus and the emotions it has caused have become the most direct and vivid explanation of force majeure, something beyond the control of human power. In most cases, the first thing that people think of is ruthless nature. The virus is an invasion of aliens and yet is not caused by nature alone. Its development involves human economic and social activities. In the end, our bodies will inevitably suffer the most from the things beyond human power. We invite artists worldwide to use their unique artistic creations to make their voices heard in this particular period and context.
ARTISTS WHO SUBMITTED WORKS
- All artists will be considered for any further events, including offline exhibitions in our Chongqing space, art projects, art fairs in China and internationally and other art events;
- Submitted works will be promoted to our social media if we think suitable.
SELECTED ARTISTS WILL WIN
- artworks show at an online virtual exhibition;
- digital exhibition certificate;
- Chinese-English bilingual online feature at our website;
- Chinese-English bilingual digital catalog to be published on ISSUU and widely promoted;
- showcase the selected works on the internationally influential art platform: ARTLAND;
- Chinese-English bilingual promotion on popular Chinese social media: WeChat Public Account and Art Express App, on the platform: MEDIUM, and on international social media Instagram, Twitter, Facebook;
- An interview with the artist, discovering stories behind the creation. The interview will be published on our promotional channels;
- priority to our further events, including offline exhibitions in our Chongqing space, art projects, art fairs in China and internationally and other art events.
There is no limit on the art medium, size, year of production, artist age, or nationality, but the submitted works should respond to the exhibition theme “Beyond Human Power”.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
- Artist retains the sole copyright for the images;
- Submitted images can be available for public viewing on our website and social media, including in relation to promotional activities for the exhibition;
- All display images will be credited with their artist name.