Documentary Family Awards 2020
The Documentary Family Awards is the leading photography competition of its genre, committed to celebrating and showcasing the best modern documentary photography from around the world.
Concluding each round of awards, the contest includes a live-streamed judging event where top photographers in the industry provide thoughtful, in-depth critiques of the finalist images, awarding Top 10 and Honorable Mention photographs in each category.
As well as having your work viewed and critiqued by an esteemed panel of judges, perks to award winners are:
* Over $2,800 in cash prizes
* Publication in our year-end photography magazine
* All winning photographs featured in our permanent online gallery
* Photographer spotlights and interviews
Open categories include: Nothing is Better Than Real Life, The Unconventional Portrait, Birth, Cell Phone Only, Photo Series, Pandemic and Black Lives Matter.
Submit one FREE ENTRY during this round of awards!
* 1st Place Best Overall - $500 USD and 8 free entries
* 2nd Place Best Overall - $350 USD and 8 free entries
* 3rd Place Best Overall - $250 USD and 8 free entries
* 1st Place in each category - $250 USD and 8 free entries
* Judges Choice Award - 6 free entries and special recognition by one of the final-round judges, featured in our online gallery.
* Top 10 Awards - Ranking from 1st to 10th per category.
* All Top 10 award-winners will be published in our year-end magazine.
* All winning photographs will be published in our permanent online gallery .
* All award-winners receive free photographer profiles with links to websites and social media.
* Award-winners are frequently featured in interviews and photographer spotlights.
* Photographers and their work are promoted across our online platforms and press releases.
* Every submission receives free life-time access to the live-streamed judging recording.
* All award-winners and honorable mentions will receive a Digital Award Badge.
Open to all photographers
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
Copyright of the images will remain at all times with the photographer.
Images will be used strictly in connection to the awards and will not be used for any other marketing purposes other than to promote Documentary Family Awards.