EEF Photography Competition 2015
Celebrate Manufacturing Through the Power of Image to win a share of £5,000 of high tech Canon photo equipment.
There are three categories for entry in to this year's EEF Photography Competition:
Best photograph by an amateur photographer
Best photograph by a 14-19 year old photographer
Your photograph should represent one or a combination of the following areas:
Product or component
Nothing could be more representative of manufacturing itself than the quality and contribution of its output – both components and finished goods in all their detail and variety. Your image might be of a product or component invented, designed or made in the UK.
Your image may capture the product or component in its full glory or in abstract form. Your product may be captured standing proudly in its own right, in the environment within which it is manufactured or the environment or place within which it is used.
Your product or component must have been either invented, designed or made in the UK.
Your product must be an article or substance that is manufactured or refined for sale or a thing (but not a person) that is the result of an action or process. Your component must be a part or element of a larger product or a product that is destined to be so.
Show us what best represents today’s dynamic manufacturing environment – the processes which display the transformational characteristics of British manufacturing and/or its lifecycle– from input to output, handicraft to high-tech production; at the macro scale of aircraft product or the micro scale of nanotechnology, prototype to mass production.
Whether it’s the intricacy or precision, the momentum or speed, or the scale – large or small - of the process you choose, your image will capture the ingenuity of British manufacturing at its best.
Your process must involve a series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end.
What our judges will be looking for in your images
Overall, the judges will be looking for strong images that raise questions in people’s minds. Does the image provoke surprise or admiration? Will people look at it and say: "I didn’t realise that was part of our UK manufacturing base”? Will it make people wish they had taken the picture and captured this message?
It’s not often you get the chance to change the way people view manufacturing. By entering the EEF Photography Competition you have the opportunity to show the world how vibrant and expansive British manufacturing is today - and win some fantastic prizes.
Over 3,000 images have been entered in the last five years, with finalists' images attracting national, regional and trade press coverage as well as being exhibited at BIS offices in Westminster, ministerial offices and EEF offices across the country.
There are three categories for you to enter and entry couldn’t be simpler
- Win a share of our £5000 prize fund
- You and your business will get high-profile media exposure - a showcase of the best images will be used in our print media and public relations activity
- By entering your own images into our competition you will be helping to re-define the public perception of manufacturing
All elements of the work submitted must have been originated by the entrant. While some retouching may have been applied, a significant majority of the final image must remain as shot.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
30. No copyright is transferred in respect of any images entered.
31. By submitting an image, you agree that EEF Ltd. and any of its partners can display, distribute, publish and alter any of the images in their activities to promote and support UK manufacturing for a period of five years.
32. Successful entries will be reproduced and may be used in various activities in connection with the EEF Photography Competition, which may include the internet, other electronic media, publications or events. By entering the EEF Photography Competition, entrants agree to their photographs being used for publicity purposes.
33. Where necessary, entrants must have permission from the client and photographer to submit the work. The entrant shall be deemed to warrant that they own the entire copyright in the work.
34. The entrant undertakes to indemnify the organisers and their partners and sponsors of the EEF Photography Competition in respect of any breach of the above warranty.