FINI International Image Contest 2020 WATER
- Deadline: 26 January 2020
- Website: https://www.uaeh.edu.mx/fini/2020/convocatoria/convocatoria-eng-2020.pdf
To recognize, promote, encourage and diffuse the work of Mexican and foreign students and professionals in different genres, expressions and implementations of image.
The Contest is part of the International Image Festival (FINI), organized by the Division of Culture of the Universidad Autónoma del Estado de Hidalgo, in compliance with the University goals and its commitment to favor culture and arts promotion, contributing to the students’ training and the cultural development of society.
The main topic of FINI 2020 will be WATER, therefore, the works must show and reflect some of the following ideas:
• Water is the origin and the beginning of everything; water gave live to the first life forms in the world…
• Everything is water. Water is one of the four elements of nature and is 70% of every organism, covering the planet in the same amount. This odorless, tasteless and colorless substance (with a
molecular formula of H2O), is capable of transforming into different states: liquid, gas and solid. In the solar system, it is a very common element in the shape of ice in many celestial bodies …
• Water also has an important place in the imagination of human civilizations (attributed to some God or as a symbol of a blessing or a punishment). Its obtention and its availability has been reason of conflict or wars as it is vital for habitation, commerce, hygiene, health, and food production.
• Even though this liquid is source of energy, purification or healing, we use it without measure. We waste it because we consider think it is endless; however, one-fifth of the planet suffers from a lack of potable water, as the UN indicators show in the last decade.
• Although the blue planet, as we call Earth, is covered almost entirely by water, only 3% is potable and only 1% is available for consumption. Water is vital in every aspect of life, therefore, its lack or scarcity generates serious problems like instability, violence, social injustice or forced migration.
The prizes for the following genres: PHOTOGRAPHY, ALTERNATIVE TECHNIQUES and DOCUMENTARY, in the only two categories, are described below:a) In the category of Professionals, for each genre named before, the first place will get a prize of $85,000.00 (eighty five thousand Mexican pesos). If the winner is a person who lives outside Mexico, the prize must not exceed $4,500.00 USD (four thousand and five hundred USD) according to the currency exchange at the time.b) The second place in the category of professionals will get a prize of $47,000.00 (forty seven thousand Mexican pesos). If the winner is a person who lives outside Mexico, the prize must not exceed $2,500.00 USD (two thousand and five hundred USD) according to the currency exchange at the time.c) The third place in the category of professionals will get a prize of $28,000.00 (twenty eight thousand Mexican pesos). If the winner is a person who lives outside Mexico, the prize must not exceed $1,500.00 USD (one thousand and five hundred USD) according to the currency exchange at the time.d) In the category of Students, for each genre of the Contest, the first placewill get a prize of $42,000.00 (forty two thousand Mexican pesos)
The minimum age for registration is 18 years old at the time of the closing of this Call for Entries.
Copyrights & Usage Rights: