Fresh Eyes 2nd edition
The second edition of FRESH EYES is now open for submissions
GUP Magazine presents the second edition of FRESH EYES, a platform that celebrates the best photography talents in Europe. It is a book presenting the 100 greatest emerging photographers the continent has to offer to be launched in June. FRESH EYES brings talent to the attention of galleries, museums, commercial and photography agencies, media companies and institutions that work with imagery.
GUP Magazine (Guide to Unique Photography) is an international publication on photography, connecting its communities with the sharpest conceptual photography, the latest photo books and events, and compelling writings about the contemporary world of photography. GUP has focused on the most exciting developments and emerging talents in photography since 2005.
FRESH EYES draws the attention of some of the most important contacts around: from photography lovers to professionals working in museums, galleries, media, agencies and much more. By including only photography talents born or based in Europe, FRESH EYES provides a European guide, but it’s just as much an international platform. Your career in photography might be kick-started by FRESH EYES.
The FRESH EYES jury is composed of experts in the international photography field:
- PAULINE BENTHEDE, director of exhibitions at Fotografiska Stockholm.
- CHRISTOPHE LALOI, founder of Voies Off Arles.
- FRANCESCA MARANI, photo editor of Vogue Italia.
- ROY KAHMANN, founder of GUP magazine, GUP New, Kahmann Gallery and Haute Photographie.
- CATERINA MESTROVICH, associate director at Atlas Gallery in London.
How it works
All emerging photographers born or based anywhere in Europe are welcome to apply. After the deadline a jury of specialists will go through all applications and select the 100 best. The chosen photographers will get a spot in the book, receive 3 copies, and be presented as a young talent by GUP Magazine anywhere from internationally renowned museums to art galleries, curators, magazines and newspapers, photo agencies and other influential organisations.
The Open Call is free of charge. Only in case of your portfolio being selected for a feature in the book, you'll be asked for a fee of €300. The organization does not make profit from the requested fees, which are invested in the production, design, and distribution of the book.
Some of the photographers can be selected for:
- HAUTE TALENT – 5 Talents will be selected to participate in Haute Photographie (Amsterdam, September 17-20 2020) being presented as Haute Talents.
- GUP EDITORIAL AWARD – Full editorial presentation on the website of GUP Magazine;
- International festivals/fair presented as FRESH EYES/GUP talent;
A spot (4 pages) in FRESH EYES, a guide book powered by GUP magazine and internationally distributed by Idea Books;
- 3 Copies of the book;
- 5 Talents will be selected to participate in Haute Photographie (Amsterdam, September 17-20 2020) being presented as Haute Talents. They will see their work produced and exhibited during one of the most interesting photography events of the year in The Netherlands.
- A book mailing to many relevant people and organisations in the photo world, from art galleries, curators, magazines and newspapers to the best creative and photo agencies;
- Promotion through FRESH EYES platforms (website and social media);
- Having your work seen by the jury of GUP - FRESH EYES, consisting of respected professionals in the photo industry;
- A possibility to be part of GUP network, which includes platforms such as GUP Online, Kahmann Gallery, Haute Photographie, etc;
- The possibility to have your work shown in international festivals/fair presented as GUP - FRESH EYES talent;
- The possibility to be selected for the GUP EDITORIAL AWARD and have your work published by GUP Magazine;
All emerging photographers born or based anywhere in Europe are welcome to apply.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
In case of selection you agree FRESH EYES and GUP Magazine have the right to use your work for promotional and editorial purposes. Any images used will include credits. Usage includes all media worldwide.