- Deadline: 11 July 2016
- Website: https://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=3549
The Arts Council of Indianapolis and The Nature Conservancy/Indiana invite artists to submit photographs and photo-based artworks highlighting the natural beauty of Indiana, to be selected through a competition format for consideration for display at the Indianapolis International Airport for a three-month period beginning in December 2016. All submitted artworks must be photographs or photo-based images or artworks. All photographs must have been shot within the past five years (2012-2016). The photographed location must be within the State of Indiana. All other things being equal, preference will be given to images of The Nature Conservancy preserves within Indiana. Full details and application link at http://www.indyartsguide.org/classifieds/detail/33570
The judging panel will designate “Best Of” recognition for each division and category, for up to 7 possible recognized images selected from those identified for display. In addition, a special “Nature Conservancy Award” will be granted to recognize the most evocative portrayal of a Nature Conservancy site in Indiana, without regard to division, and the artwork will be featured on The Nature Conservancy’s website. It is possible for one image to receive both a “Best Of” award and the Nature Conservancy Award. Additional images may receive “Juror’s Award” recognition at the discretion of the jury panel.
The Nature Conservancy will stage a “People’s Choice” award competition via Facebook during the run of the exhibition. No cash or monetary prizes will be given.
Professional photographers; amateur photographers; youth age 13+
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
The photographer retains full copyright to his or her photographs or photo-based images. However, submission of photographs or photo-based images to the competition implies that the artist, if selected, gives the Indianapolis Airport Authority, The Nature Conservancy, and the Arts Council of Indianapolis a royalty-free, nonexclusive, right and license, in perpetuity, to:
1) Use the photographs or photo-based images, without compensation to the artist, on the organizations’ respective websites and in news releases, which may then appear in print or on third party websites, for the purpose of publicizing the resulting exhibition, any of the Indianapolis Airport Authority’s activities, any of The Nature Conservancy’s or the Arts Council of Indianapolis’ activities, and future competitions.
2) Use the photographs or photo-based images, without compensation to the artist, in any of the organizations’ respective communications.
Provide the photographs or photo-based images, without compensation to the artist, to other individuals and organizations for use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, and the like.
3) Use, in connection with Indiana, Naturally, your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
4) Keep the files provided, and to archive the photographs and photo-based images on CD or in other electronic forms, so that they can be used to support the sponsoring organizations and be properly credited.