PHOTO HOUSE “On a journey”
- Deadline: 31 July 2017
- Website: https://ledameartgallery.com/photo-house-on-a-journey/
On a journey’ is the theme for the PHOTO HOUSE 2017.
Once in a lifetime, we have all embarked on a journey, an exotic trip or holiday. An adventurous expedition, as a necessity, a means of escape or the only way out. There is also our daily commute alone, in a car, or on a crowded train. Travelling is the dimension of movement triggered by the unstoppable search for something new, or unusual. It also represents self-exploration of our inner thoughts and hopes, which may be faced with both excitement and fear. Photographers are invited to capture the emotions which go beyond the immediate experience of travelling, to include the diverse worlds which conflict and coexist simultaneously in modern life. All visual interpretations of these concepts are welcomed. Documentary and conceptual, as well as storytelling and abstract.
The Competition is curated by Lichena Bertinato and organised by the Board. Images will be selected by the Judging Panel.
15 artists will be selected to be part of the Photo House Collective Exhibition at Le Dame Art Gallery.
The three categories for this year are:
Digital and Analog Photography Category
A single image category. Colour or B&W images welcomed. Unlimited number of entries allowed.
Mobile Photography Category
A single image category. Unlimited number of entries allowed.
Portfolio Project Category
A series of 5 -10 photographs from the same project.
First Prize Overall Winner:
£ 500 cash plus one year representation contract with Le Dame Art Gallery, 1 image to be included Photo House Collective Exhibition at Le Dame Art Gallery. The Overall Winner will be selected among all Categories.
Prizes by Category:
Digital and Analogue Photography: First Prize*: a weekend for two in London at the 4-star deluxe Hotel Meliá White House near Regent’s Park and 1 image to be included in the Photo House Collective Exhibition at Le Dame Art Gallery in London.
Mobile Photography Photography: First Prize: a weekend for two in Paris at the 4-star deluxe Hotel Meliá Paris La Defence and 1 image to be included in the Photo House Collective Exhibition at Le Dame Art Gallery in London.
Portfolio Project Category
First Prize: a weekend for two in Milan at the 4-star deluxe Hotel Meliá Milano and a Solo Exhibition at the Trafalgar Exhibition Space in London’s Le Dame Art Gallery for one.
*The Winner of the First prize will be included in the Collective Exhibition
1. The Competition is open for e-mail submissions only. Once submission fees have been paid, an application form will be send by email to the entrant. 2. Submissions will be accepted from 00:01 on 27th April 2017 until 24:00 on 31st July 2017, Greenwich local time, (i.e. GMT +0). No Submissions made after the closing time will be accepted. 3. Participants must be individuals aged eighteen (18) years and over at the time of their Submission(s). You hereby certify that you are eighteen (18) years old, or older, on the date of submitting your Photo(s) to the Competition. You also understand and agree that Photo House at Le Dame Art Gallery London will automatically and without further notice, discard any Photo(s) that are found to be submitted by a Participant that is under eighteen (18) years old, at the time of Submission.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
1. Submitted Photo(s) must be original material taken by the Entrant. The photographer must hold all moral, intellectual and copyright of the work submitted.
2. Photographers are responsible for obtaining permission to use the model and property releases for individuals or properties related to the submitted images.
3. Upon making Your Submission, You grant Le Dame Art Gallery, a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, promote Your submitted Photo(s), in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, anywhere in the world for any purpose, related to the Competition, the publication in Le Dame Art Gallery promotional digital and/or printed materials and formats broadcast such as on Le Dame Art Gallery magazines, printed leaflet and brochures, Le Dame Art Gallery website and/or through other public online feeds, promoting subsequent competitions and/or the work of Le Dame Art Gallery generally.