VIMFF Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival 2020
Submissions must be identified as being under one, and only one, of the following categories, although the same image may be submitted more than once under different categories. All photos must have a clear mountain connection and be submitted under one of the following categories; submissions may come from any part of the world. To be eligible for a prize, images must not have won a prize in a competition open to the public before judging.
- Mountain Adventure & Sport
- Photos of people engaged in climbing, running, hiking, or any other sport
- Mountain Culture and People
- Photos of people, who are not engaged in sport. Perhaps making a meal, or someone you came across on the trail
- Mountain Landscape
- Photos of the natural setting, possibly with people, but the people are not the core subject
- Mountain Painting
- We are happy to announce a new category for paintings and other non-photographic art. Take a photo of your work, and submit. As far as possible, we will judge on the merits of the art piece rather than the quality of the photograph, but a good quality photograph will make it easier to appreciate the piece in question.
- Grand prize - Best of all submitted images
- Best of BC - Best image taken in British Columbia by a photographer based in British Columbia
- Best of Environmental Stewardship - Best image depicting environmental stewardship or with an environmental message
- Youth Prize - Best image taken by a photographer 16 years or under at the closing date for submissions
To be eligible for a prize, images must not have won a prize in a competition open to the public before judging.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
The photographer grants certain non-exclusive rights to VIMFF to use the images for promotional, marketing and related purposes.