Vincent van Gogh Photo Award 2017
Nuenen – This exhibition will take place in the magnificent setting of the living and working area of Vincent van Gogh (1883 – 1885 in Nuenen). From Saturday 16 September until Sunday 8 October 2017 a selection of 50 nominated photos of this International Photo Contest will be exhibited.
Photography is a very popular and fast growing kind of art. What would Vincent van Gogh have photographed if he lived today? Where would he travel to photograph if distances didn’t matter? People and Nature, in any form and capacity, were his main sources of inspiration. Light also played a major role in his paintings. Vincent had the ability to capture light on the canvas in a miraculous way. In fact photography is nothing more than painting with light.
Let the theme ‘Human Nature’ inspire you in a contemporary way. Think out of the box, just like Vincent used to do. Surprise everyone! Let the camera be your paint brush and participate in this contest!
WINNER - € 1,000 SECOND PLACE - € 500 THIRD PLACE - € 250
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
– The sender claims to be the owner of the photograph(s) and, if applicable, to hold the portrait rights. – By submitting the sender provides the foundation permission for the photograph(s) (with photographer copyright credit) to be used for the implementation and promotion of this event, without additional compensation. All photographers retain copyright on their submitted images.
– By participating in this event one agrees to the rules & terms of this event.
The Foundation reserves the right not to accept participants, if it considers that they do not act in accordance with the award rules and regulations.
– By submitting the sender provides the foundation permission for the photograph(s) (with photographer copyright credit) to be used for the implementation and promotion of this event, without additional compensation.
All photographers retain copyright on their submitted images.
– The photos of the finalists and the winners will be published on the website including attribution and jury comments as well as during the “Vincent Van Gogh Photo Award” outdoor exhibition.
– Out of all submitted photos the jury selects the approximately fifty finalists pictures out of which the winners are elected by the jury.